Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Cartoon Studies


Cartoon Studies #2




I think the main problem I had with the above (and the final attempt drawn on the left side is still quite a ways off) is working out the relationship between the shape of Bug's head and... Uh, whatshisname. Individually they weren't too far off from the screencap I was using, but together the way I'd even slightly positioned the characters wrong would send everything off balance. Need to keep mind of negative spaces more!


This was based off what I *think* were a page of inked sketches Katie Rice did from her work on El Tigre. It's late and I can't be bothered to even attempt inking in this state, but it's interesting/infuriating to myself how even a slight amount of stylisation can completely throw off how I'm supposed to use guidelines on a character's face/body.

No comments:

Post a Comment